The right electrical wiring and infrastructure for your business will make it easier for you to work, as there won’t be any blackouts or blown fuses. However, insufficient infrastructure can make a significant dent in your productivity and even do damage to your equipment and property. What are some signs that it might be time for an electrical wiring upgrade at your property?
Improperly Sized Electrical Panels
If you haven’t had an electrical wiring upgrade in the past couple of decades, there’s a good chance you are using way more electricity than you used to. This is because there is so much more technology now, so the strain placed on your electrical panels is much more elevated. Small buildings can easily need almost four times the power they used a couple of decades ago, so don’t be afraid to reach out and explore your options to ensure you always have the safe electricity you need.
Wiring That Is Outdated
Just like other types of technology, electrical technology has come a long way in the past few decades. If your wiring has not been redone in the past 40 or 50 years, there’s an excellent chance that you are overdue for an electrical wiring upgrade. Some of the signs that you might have unsafe wiring currently include:
- Extension cords are necessary to power appliances around your office
- The lights dim or flicker regularly, including when a device kicks on
- It seems like your appliances and equipment are unable to reach full power
- Fuses blow on a regular basis
- Outlets and switch plates feel warm to the touch
- When placing your hand on a metal appliance that is plugged in, you feel a tingling or shocking sensation
- You see sparks when pulling out a plug from an outlet
- You notice brown marks on your outlets
Many of these signs are fairly serious indicators that you need an electrical wiring upgrade in order to maintain a safe work environment.
Experience the Benefits of Great Lighting Firsthand With Help from CMI Lighting
With over 35 years in the industry, CMI has an array of equipment to handle the logistics of any in-house job. We also frequently provide solutions to property managers and upcoming developments. CMI Companies provides services in the Mid-Atlantic Region and proudly serves clients in Northern Virginia, Maryland, Richmond, Southern Virginia, Manassas, Prince William County, Fairfax County, Rockville, and Prince George’s County. Also, check us out on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.