Businesses consume a considerable amount of energy. They use far more energy than a home, and the want to save energy is only natural. You will save a great deal of money if you’re able to find energy-saving solutions for your business. If you’re looking to cut down costs for your business, find out which energy-saving solution is best suited for you.
Upgrade Light Bulbs
- Incandescents: These bulbs aren’t nearly as efficient as other options. 90% of the energy they emit is heat, with only 10% being used for light.
- Compact Fluorescents (CFLs): These bulbs serve as an appropriate replacement for incandescents when put in standard light sockets. They must be handled carefully because they contain mercury. Fortunately, these bulbs use 75% less energy than incandescents and last up to 10 times as long.
- Light-Emitting Diodes (LEDs): These are an excellent energy-saving solution since they last 25 times longer than Incandescents and use around 75% less energy. Right now, these are a reasonably affordable energy-saving solution.
- Metal Halides (HIDs): These can produce immense amounts of light and are ideal for use on commercial properties. Contact an electrician to find the perfect color spectrum for your business.
- Commercial Fluorescents: Commercial fluorescents use between ⅕ and ⅓ the energy of incandescents and can last ten times longer than them. As the name suggests, commercial fluorescents are perfect for commercial areas.
- Halogen: Halogens are twice as efficient as incandescents and produce a potent bright light best fit for outdoor settings. Such settings include sporting stadiums and security.
Take Advantage Of Technology
- Dimmers And Timers: Light dimmers and timers make sure to give you the perfect amount of light, never using more than needed. Reducing excess light helps save costs for you. They also help make security better in your absence because you can modify the ambiance of your building.
- Wireless Lighting: If you want to get away from battery-powered lighting, this is an energy-saving solution for you. This type of lighting is handled through the use of remote control. This type of technology allows you to monitor your costs and usage. It also doesn’t hurt having the power to control lighting remotely.
It is recommended to contact a commercial electrical contractor. These experts know more about how to save energy. Investing in professional help can save you a significant amount of money long-term, so it would be worth your time to get an expert opinion.
Check Out Our Services From CMI Lighting
With over 35 years in the industry, CMI has an array of equipment to handle the logistics of any in-house job. We also frequently provide solutions to property managers and upcoming developments. CMI Companies provides services in Mid-Atlantic Region and proudly serves clients in Northern Virginia, Maryland, Richmond, Southern Virginia, Manassas, Prince William County, Fairfax County, Rockville, and Prince George’s County. Also, check us out on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.